Have you ever heard the name ransomeware ? no ? Let me give you breif idea about it. What ransomeware is ? and how to get rid of it.
What is Ransomware
Ransomware is a malware that encrypts your file and blocks access to those files that is already owned by you. It emerged in 1989. Also called as the Aids Trojan. Ransomware are unbreakable encryption that cannot be decrypted. These attacks get more refined by each day, as the creator learn from their mistakes and improve their code to be stronger. And it can encrypt all kinds of files. File Names could be changed. It can also add different extensions to your files. It can display an image or a message that your data has been encrypted. It requests payment with time limits. It can spread to other PCs connected on the network, it uses a complex evasion technique to go undetected antivirus scan. It may include geographical targeting.’
There are Three Types of Ransomware
- Encrypting Ransomware
- Lock ransomware
- MBR ransomware
Most Infected Users
- Ransomware creators and distributors mostly target home users because of the Following Reasons.
- Don’t have data Backup
- Lack of online safety awareness, which makes them prone to manipulation by cyber-attacks.
- They don’t keep their software up to date.
- They fail to invest in need to have cyber security solutions. They rely on Antivirus to protect them from all threats.
- Ransomware creators and Distributors main target are business users because of these reasons.
- That’s where the money is.
- A cause of major business disturbance will increase their chance of getting paid.
- Ransomware can affect computes and also servers, cloud based file sharing system.
- Business users do not report ransomware attacks for fear of reputation related consequences.
How Ransomware spreads.
- Spam emails.
- Malicious website that has malicious codes injected.
- Security exploit in vulnerable software.
- Affiliate schemes.
How to keep your system safe from Ransomware?
- Do not store important data only on your PC.
- Have backup of your Important data.
- Store it in your Cloud Storage.
- Keep your Software’s and Operating System up to date.
- Don’t always use Administrator Account, rather use an account with less privileges.
- Turn of Macros in
- Adjust my browsers security and privacy settings for increased protection.
- Remove outdated plugins and add-ons.
- I use an ad blocker to avoid the threat of potential malicious ads.
Anti-Ransomware Security tools.
Use a reliable paid antivirus product that may include. Real time Scanning and Automatic update modules.
Stay being more protected than a Free Antivirus, get upgraded to Internet or Premier Services provided by your Antivirus.