Every businessman has a website that is important to increase their business productivity. To increase the business productivity or to reach the target audience website helps a lot. Because everyone is active on the web and almost 90% users come to know about any new product or services online. If you have a website but if it doesn’t appear on google then, no matter how effective your site is; the user will not come to your site.
According to research, many people click on the links which come on the top three positions or appear on the first page on google. Making a website is not enough but the thing which is necessary the most is the promotion or branding of that website for build brand reputation in the online market.
Many factors affect your website ranking; if you want your website will rank higher then, start focusing on some important factors:
- Loading Time: The first thing which is most important is the speed of your site. User love to visit the sites which gives them a fast response, they hate to wait too long for any website. If your website will take more time to load then, the user will definitely leave your site for good one. Keep one thing in mind that your website loading time must be less than 5 seconds.
- Responsiveness: Almost every second person is busy with their mobile phones and they use them to open any website. If your website will not open on their phone then they will not come to your site again. Your site must be responsive, means it must be open on every platform like windows, mac, android etc. so that user can use your website whenever they want.
- Interactive: User visits your website for a purpose and for finding some information. Your website must be interactive and easy to use so that they will find information easily. If they found any difficulty in searching or find any information then, they will switch to another website. Provide them information clearly so that they will not face any problem in finding anything.
- Full information about your products: Provide them accurate information about your product or services. Don’t misguide them and don’t provide the wrong information. Mention accurate information on your website and don’t give a chance to your customers to have a negative thought about your services.
- Useful Links: Use the links that give the user some good information. Don’t use extra links on your website; if they found extra/unusual links on your site then they will prefer another one over your site. Make your internal linking strong so that user will stay on your site for long. Check your internal linking carefully and remove if you found any broken link there.
- Content length: It is found that the pages that come on the Google top three positions are lengthier than the pages that come on down positions. Whenever you publish content on any site then, keep in mind the length of content. Publish more than 1200 words content and mention all the things in your content rather than only basics. The longer your content is, the greater the chance that you will rank higher.
- Change Duplicate Content: Another major factor that affects your ranking is the duplicate content. After Google panda update, uniqueness is a very important factor for your website ranking. Having similar content across various pages of your site can actually hurt your rankings. Avoid duplicating content and write original copy for each page.
- Keywords: Focus on your keywords and select those keywords that are more searched by the visitors. To increase the ranking of that keywords mention those in your tile and also in your Meta description. Including the keyword in it makes it more relevant to a search engine and a searcher.
These are some of the major Google ranking factors that may help in ranking your website. If you are a beginner and want to get fast ranking for your website then, focus on all the above-mentioned factors to make your online presence good. Update yourself with every new google update and make changes in your website time to time.
Khushboo Setiya is an online media enthusiast and a blogger who loves to pen down her views on a number of topics that interest a reader. She writes about various related topics such as Digital marketing, Web designing jobs vacancies, IT Development and much more.