You would be aware of PSU Recruitment of the year 2017 through GATE also known as GATE PSU the application form began from September 1. Gate PSU Exam 2017 are scheduled from the month of February. If you want to secure a highly paid job in a Public Sector, then you have to crack one of those toughest Exams of India. Many PSU companies like ONGC, HPCL, Power Grid, MDL, BHEL, NHAI, NPCIL etc. have already announced recruitments through GATE PSU 2017. So it is time to prepare for the GATE PSU 2017 and Qualify to be the future engineer of a Government job.
What is PSU
PSU are Public Sector Unit, which are owned by the Union Government of INDIA.
Public sector Undertakings Are Classified into three types, which are based on other things like Indian Stock Exchange, annual revenue and their operations. The three types are
- Mini-ratna PSU
- Navratna PSU
- Maharatna PSU
- Candidate may be from Indian Nationals, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, U.A.E
- The candidate preparing for GATE PSU must have passed any one of the qualifying exam mentioned in the following table.
|Eligible Qualifying Degree||Eligibility of the Candidates as per the academic year of passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/||4 years completed after 10+2. Final year students are eligible to apply|
|B.Arch||5 years course completed. Final year students are eligible|
|B.S||4 years course completed after 10+2. Final year students are eligible to apply|
|Masters in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Science/ M.C.A||Completed or currently in final year|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post BSc) (Four year programme)||4 years course completed. Students in the 2nd/3rd/4th year are also eligible|
|Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (Engineering/ Technology)||Completed. Students in the 4th/ 5th year are also eligible|
|Integrated M. Sc/Integrated 5 year B.S.-M.S.||Completed. Students in final year are eligible|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech)||Completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses recognized by UPSC /AICTE|
- If the Candidate is a Final year student then he/she must upload the scanned image of third year mark sheet, and same for the international student, he must have completed any bachelor degree in Engineering or master’s degree in science.
- The Eligibility criteria for each PSU are different, it can vary from many factors like engineering stream, percentage scored, age limit.
- You can check the GATE PSU Eligibility Criteria and opt for the same.
- Millions of Engineers are there in India, but to be pass a GATE PSU examination you must require brilliance and smartness. Cracking GATE PSU requires some serious study and focus. Last moment study and mugging will not yield no result. If you are serious in cracking the exam, prepare yourself by starting your study from 5-6 months before the exam.
- Avoid starting new topics in the last week of the GATE exam as it will waste your revision time and you could get stressed out and confused, Focus more on important topics which could help you in scoring more, and make your concepts clear. Solve mock test papers and practice paper that are available, it will help in giving you a clear idea regarding the GATE exam paper pattern, and keep in mind that there will be negative marking, so avoid guess work. Have a habit of keeping footnotes of every chapter, this could help in revision time.
- And the last thing is to not involve much into study for long durations, be free follow your normal routines. Eat enough Sleep enough and play enough, this will keep you relaxed.